Thursday, October 04, 2007

Meet Rumi

The horrid case of cold feet and near panic from yesterday has drained away. Much lighter today, and almost whistling and tra-la-laah-ing except, of course, I don't want to draw attention to myself.

Intending to go and look at a dog as a companion for Riley, I have come away from the pound a rather proud new nearly-owner of a beautiful long-haired Turkish Van cat whom I have named Rumi. He's only a young 'un and is at the vet getting his bits nipped off. I really hope I'm not allergic to him - I've never kept a long haired pet. I don't have a photo of him, but he looks almost *exactly* like this cat, but thinner and younger.

Between Riley and the Fig Tree (blooming and blooming) I am feeling very nurturing and content.

Also, some of my not-very-creative (I thought they were dull) ideas are getting through all the hoops at work and some of them (they did spawn like toads) may make it to print!

Praise be! A good day finally!! I shall be taking a long weekend to clean, paint and nest in the new place. I am planning next weekend as well, but as I have so little stuff, it may all be over this weekend. We shall see.

The Ram may have touched the wall but we are secure, and have faith in our resilience.

However, a lot of rain would really really help as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've acquired mm da gowlo? Awesome!

The reasons to visit keep mounting...

J9 said...

He will woo you.