Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Domino Days" is a winner

It is done.
I've finished the story as best I can and validated my word count at 50 268.
Today I produced nearly six thousand words and it is now midnight and still 30 degrees.
I'm beat. Happy, satisfied, but beat.

I love that just getting the words out is what counts - completely bypasses the old internal editor (although it took me three years to grasp that point enough to do it). The focus falls onto process goals and the experience of dedicating time to the project.

Although I started out with no plot or direction in mind, a story and characters did form themselves, and I don't mind what we've come up with. It is not something I would ever have consciously decided was "good enough" for a story but actually it has a lot more in it than I expected. It has ended up being a bit of Mrs Dalloway meets a bit of Entourage. Not as funny as I'd hoped, but at least not suicidal either.

Now is not the time to get caught in rambling justifications about it needing re-writes and having continuity errors and spelling probs, oh, and I think a character switched from being a sister to a girlfriend, no, tonight is for fireworks and celebrating and a long cold drink.
Thanks for your support and well wishing along the way. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.