Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy New Year

I meant to write this on the weekend – but here we are – Happy Year of the Golden Pig!!

In the past I have not usually volounteered the information that I am a pig, but part of being me now, is all about owning the whole package. Giant hips, poor knees, failing memory - all part of who I am. Likewise, the pig. BTW I much prefer pig to boar. Sounds too much like bore for my taste, so if you could, thanks.
Anyoldhoo, further to my previous meanderings on being a muslim in orbit (thanks to Beth for her comments), I read today a much more balanced view, and this was either on the BBC or a webpage called "the conservative voice" which I found from an *image* search. Sure Reagan and Schwarzennegger are both pigs too, but that doesn't mean anything.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6368383.stm

"For the first time in its history, Indonesia introduced a special set of postal stamps to mark the Lunar New Year. But concerns over Muslim sensitivities led the postal service to drop plans to put a large pig on the stamps. It chose a Chinese temple instead.
"We took the middle path," said Hana Suryana, director of the Indonesian postal service."

We took the middle path - what a great quote. That guy has a future in politics!!

Anyway - Happy New Year!
I'll put all the great stuff about being a pig in another post.

No comments: