Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Final Installment

It would be remiss to let this weekend pass and not say: "HARRY POTTER".

A new film and the last book.
I enjoy the books, I've saved up reading #6 so that I can read the last two in a row. Getting to the end of #5 and knowing that it could be *years* before I found out what happened next was the kind of annoyance I could not choose to put myself through again. Plus there's the pleasure that latecomers have - when a series is complete and one can be totally immersed in it. Yum yum yum.

I went yesterday to see the film with Sis2 who had taken her chillen and so had missed large chunks of it. We had a very good time, and dark Malteasers.

Today I am trying a new recipe - Portuguese Custard Tarts. I've never even tried making pastry of this calibre before, so I am feeling a bit intimidated, but as I have a captive, appreciative audience who hasn't eaten them in Little Portugal, I am hopeful of a positive experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we Pottered at the IMAX in Darling Harbour, yes, and the battle was in 3D. The handheld camera work in that sequence was rollercoaster, with associated nausia. Hope your doin well. Hugs Lee.

J9 said...

OMG.
I forgot all about the 3d option!
That must be huge!
Must find a way to get to that!
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!