Monday, September 03, 2007

Going Share-sies with a bank

The urge to have a backyard is very strong. Many of my daydreams have been about playing in the dirt with the radio on in the background. Mabye watching the dog sniff at things and interact with the world. Some have been about painting walls with strange colours or murals without regards for bond money.
Well, all these dreams have faded into the background as I learn about contracts and percentage points and fine-print and signing things. The business of buying a box of one's own is unpleasant, has many steps and costs large amounts of money. So large in fact that a bank or other institution will play a large role in the process for the next 30 years.
As someone who was never convinced I would make it to thirty, I never expected to have a mortgage of my own. Every year since that time has been something of a surprise, and as they seem to be ticking around pretty regularly now, I thought I'd hedge my bets and see if I could get a box of my own.
So on saturday I offered a lady some money for a house, and she said yes. It still feels pretty hypothetical, given that I don't have that money, but I now have three weeks to find it. I like the idea that I'll find it - possibly under a cauliflower in the vege patch I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crapzor!

J9 said...

Indeed Batman!!
The plan Jaye, the plan progresseth!!

Anonymous said...

Atomic batteries to power!
Turbines to speed!
---
I prefer to think of them as schemes. Sinister schemes. Sinister evil schemes. Sinster evil schemes that make me cackle madly in the dark.

Note that we're coming up on the third test date for the weather control sat-network: I'm dreaming (again) of a grey christmas. One that's dank, and drab, and drear.

J9 said...

Surely Christmas is drear for you no matter what the weather?
How is the cackling in the dark? Can you still make those blue bolts of pure energy stream from your hands? I love that. I have never been able to say schemes confidently. Can type it ok - look: schemes! NO worries, but saying it, well. Is it with a mandarin shushing at the front or a kinda hard K sKeems type sound? Hhmmmm. Don't know, ergo, leave it out.

Are you doing anything for Hallow's Eve this year?