Monday, November 03, 2008

A Thousand Bucks of Grog

My sister won a raffle on the weekend - I arrived at her place to see the pool table groaning under what appeared to be the full contents of a working bar. Name a type of spirit - there was two bottles of it. Including 3 different types of sherry.
"Yeah, I won a thousand bucks of grog at the fundraiser on the weekend. There's 10 cartons of beer to come yet, I couldn't fit it all in the X-trail."

Cool, but sherry? Oh, and they'd topped it all off with 2 or 3 casks of cheap and nasty wine.

Writing not so good on Sunday - about a thousand words. The addicted niece turned her nose up at the typing option. Apparently, she prefers earning pocket money in ways that allow her to continue to watch the tv while she 'works'. That bodes well for her employement future.

However, I had a swim and played a round of 'cranky pants' with KA and went home and fell asleep again. I seem to need an extra 3 hours in the afternoons of the weekend. Word count is at roughly 2650 and I'll have another session tonight. My PB previously was just 8 000 words, so this year if I can get to 25 000 I'll feel pretty stoked. (please don't tell me if you think 8k is pathetic. I already think that!)
Day 3 - attending my day job is cramping my style.

No comments: