Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Ah, Freecell

My communications network failed over the weekend although at the time I thought it might have been just my handset. It was pretty inconvenient, no one could reach me and I had to find a payphone and queue with the unwashed to put strange coins into a machine and then strain to hear my loved one down a scratchy stinky line.

Rerouting comms worked until the network was back up, but what struck me about the incident was the irony that my only concern had been the prospect of losing my Freecell Challenge stats.
That's right, solitaire on my phone. 811 games so far with 798 wins (1.61% losses) and I'm heading to 1000 to see if it clocks, and to get my losses to less than 1%.

I do have better things to do with my time, but it is so easy to do this in all those little gaps (queues! Dr's waiting rooms! During the ads!) and then next thing you know, just one game before bed. It is a slippery slope. Obsessed? Nah, I could give up any time.

No comments: