Monday, June 07, 2010

Hasty Packing

I dreamt again of an enforced and urgent pack.

This time I was at work, although I was packing the bedroom from my first share house/squat, and the items were random, drawn from a broad range of my strange visual storeroom. I had a small, brown, late 70s style carryall - about the size of a contemporary average handbag and I was attempting to shovel only the most vital aspects of my life into it.
This is one of my few recurring dream themes. Due to some (always unknown) crisis there's only a short time to grab only what I can carry. It is what lead to my "interest" in evacuation preparedness and that did seem to alleviate the dreams for a long time. The new element last night was the ring of eager and aggressive scavengers, swooping in to scoop up anything I hesitated over or looked uncertain about. It certainly refreshed the normal baseline level of panic that this dream always comes with.

Time to update the evac 'go bag' and then spend some couch time untangling my head.

No comments: