Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Trade to Fall Back on

Today, with the sun blazing and the light, cool wind playing over skin, eyes, hair, the difficulties of winter are vanishing and it is once again natural and easy to feel the abundance of life. Spring is such a romantic, hazy time of ease that it's hard to imagine being cold and hungry. Today is so very lovely that I can barely bring myself to be sitting here with the machine rather than be out on the grass watching the treetops dance languidly.
Writing writing writing, the words flow on and form their own alliances and sometimes coalesce into jewels, even strings of gems and ropes of treasures. Oh yes, these moments are the the glory of living! But I am in here, the classroom, the buzzing of tired brains slowly filling up with gobbling jargon as a hedge against the winter. I am stuffing nuts into my mental cheeks, collecting knowledge and skills that I can sell later if need be in case those gems aren't fetching their value on the open market.

No comments: