Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"I don't have that much stuff"

Sometimes I say things, and I really really believe them, only to find out later that there must have been some kind of massive denial/delusion field in place at that time, because the statement in question turns out to clearly be SO WRONG, that really, it can truthfully be called a lie.
This week has been one of those times.
"I'm not stressed, I feel fine."
WRONG
"Everything's progressing no problems."
WRONG
"I'm sure the money that guy owes me will turn up any day now. He *did* promise."
WRONG
"Packing won't be too hard, afterall, I don't have that much stuff."
WRONG WRONG WRONG

Who exactly do I think I'm kidding with this shtick? Fracken nobody baby! I am down to single digit days to clear my private museum and archives into boxes and it is going to take a *miracle*. Well, maybe I wasn't utterly delusional, maybe I was uttering what is now fated to become a self-fulfilling prophesy? As each day ticks over and the deadline looms it becomes easier and easier to tell what is dross, and to cull ruthlessly. Perhaps in the next few days as panic erupts, I will just chuck it all out, and so it will be come true - I really won't have that much stuff.
Cool.

In the meantime, I still feel certain that my life can't go on without the 60 floppies I found in a box unopened since I moved in 3 years ago. I probably kept them for a very good reason when I last shifted, and I don't see why I should go double-guessing that now.

Have you got any boxes you can spare?